"As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links"
The best thing about the Peloton bike is that it can be used with a variety of smart gadgets to make your workouts exciting and productive.
If you have an Orangetheory heart rate monitor, you probably want to know whether it works with the Peloton bike or not. The quick answer is yes, the Orangetheory heart rate monitor works with the Peloton bike. However, you need to know the proper way to connect the Orangetheory heart rate monitor with your Peloton bike to get the most out of it.
What is Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor?
The heart rate monitor from OFT (Orangetheory Fitness) is a smart device designed to work with Orangetheory workouts. The routine depends on the user’s heart rate. For instance, various heart rate shows how strenuously you should work out throughout the class.
Such heart rate monitors are almost the only ones compatible with Orange Theory, as most people who have attended Orange Theory sessions still use them.
Due to its excellent performance and long-lasting manufacturing, indoor workout fanatics love to use old OFT heart rate monitors.
Guess what? Orangetheory heart rate monitors work with various fitness equipment.
Does Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor Work With Peloton?
Yes, the Orangetheory heart rate monitor works with the Peloton bike, rowing machine, treadmill, and digital app. It comes with ANT+ and Bluetooth options which make it compatible with the Peloton bike.
You can find the best heart rate monitor (Peloton or Non-Peloton) according to your workout needs and convenience. However, it is essential to ensure the heart rate monitor has ANT+ or Bluetooth connectivity option.
How To Connect Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor With The Peloton Bike?
You can connect the Orangetheory heart rate monitor to your Peloton bike with ANT+ and Bluetooth. Make sure the heart rate monitor is completely charged before connecting it to the fitness equipment.
How To Connect The Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor To The Peloton Bike With Bluetooth?
Connecting the Orangetheory heart rate monitor to the Peloton bike via Bluetooth is an effortless task. Here is a simple process for connecting.
- Enable the Bluetooth feature on your Peloton bike from settings.
- Wear the orange theory heart rate monitor.
- Don’t forget to wet the sensors as it helps to connect and pick your pulse rate or heart rate.
- Your heart rate monitor will connect immediately as soon as it finds the Peloton Bluetooth.
- Check the connection on the Peloton touchscreen and enjoy your workouts.
How To Connect Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor To A Peloton Bike With Ant+?
Connecting your Orangetheory heart rate monitor to the Peloton bike with ANT+ is also the easiest way to enjoy your workouts.
- Wear your Orangetheory heart rate monitor.
- Wet the sensors for quick connectivity.
- When you start a class, the heart rate monitor will appear immediately at the top of the tablet.
- Check the connection and enjoy workouts with your favorite Peloton instructor on the bike.
How To Connect The Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor To The Peloton Bike Directly?
Take a look at the direct connectivity procedure of your heart rate monitor with the Peloton app.
- Put on your Orangetheory heart rate monitor.
- Join your Peloton class, on-demand or scheduled.
- Navigate to your heart rate monitor at the top of the Peloton touchscreen.
- Now connect the heart rate monitor to your Peloton bike.
Can I Connect The Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor To Peloton App?
Whether you are using an iOS device or an Android device, the Peloton app is available for both versions. Let’s take a look at the connectivity procedures for both devices.
Connecting Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor To Peloton App On An Android Device
Check out the simple process to connect your Android device to the Peloton app.
- If you are using the Peloton app for the first time, choose to enable location and click on Allow to ensure your heart rate monitor can find the device.
- If you are already using the Peloton app, click on the “More section” and choose the Peloton heart rate band.
- Choose to enable location and then allow the heart rate monitor detection.
- Now go to settings and select Bluetooth.
- Enable Bluetooth to start the pairing process.
- Log in to your Peloton account, and your heart rate monitor will connect immediately.
Connecting Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor To Peloton App On An Ios Device
Here is an easy to follow process for connecting your Apple device.
- If you are a new user, select Enable Bluetooth on the Peloton app and click OK to allow for permissions.
- If you are already using the Peloton app, go to the “More tab” and choose the heart rate monitor.
- Select the Bluetooth option and then click Ok to enable permissions.
- Your Orangetheory heart rate monitor will pair when you log into the profile with your monitor.
Connecting Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor To Peloton App With An Apple Tv
- Power on your Apple TV and choose the Peloton app.
- Log into your Apple account.
- Go to class details and select heart rate monitor.
- Click on the prompt message to allow Bluetooth permissions.
- Make sure to click allow for accepting modifications.
- When you connect the Orangetheory heart rate monitor, it will auto-connect the subsequent times.
Can I Use Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor Without Membership?
The good thing about the Orangetheory app is that you can use it without a membership. However, you should buy an Orangetheory heart rate monitor strap.
This Orangetheory app is compatible with the heart rate monitor, and you can easily use the strap with various heart rate monitors easily.
Is Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor Reliable?
One of the best things about heart rate monitors is their accuracy. However, you should adjust the settings for accurate readings from the Orangetheory monitor according to your workout requirements.
Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor Pros
Orangetheory heart rate monitor offers a number of benefits. Some of the notable advantages are
- Perfectly accurate readings
- Design to track heart rate zones for workout convenience
- Suitable for Orangetheory and Peloton equipment
- Can be used with or without memberships
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor Cons
- Need frequent charging
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Use Orangetheory Heart Rate Monitor With Other Fitness Apps?
You can effortlessly use your Orangetheory heart rate monitor with various workout apps.
Which Heart Rate Monitor Is Compatible With The Peloton Bike?
Peloton bike is compatible with a heart rate monitor featuring ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity options.
Which is Better, Orangetheory Or CrossFit?
Orangetheory and CrossFit are great fitness programs, but they are created for different needs. Orangetheory focuses on aerobic workouts, whereas CrossFit is an excellent fitness program for strength and conditioning.
You can enjoy your workouts on the Peloton bike while using the Orangetheory heart rate monitor, thanks to smart connectivity options like ANT+ and Bluetooth. However, make sure to consider your workout needs, as the reading accuracy may vary depending on your workouts. The good news is you can connect the Peloton app on iOS and Android devices.
- Does Orangetheory Have a Family Plan?
- How Does Orangetheory Waitlist Work?
- How to Cancel Orangetheory Membership?
- What is Orange Everest at Orangetheory?
- Best Workout Clothes For Orangetheory?