So, you are confused between choosing the Peloton bike and the Treadmill? Well, it isn’t just you, but every new user has to go through this hurdle. Both are great fitness equipment and share similar features but are different in many ways.
Comparing the Peloton treadmill and Peloton bike can help you to choose the best one for your workout needs. To be honest, it mainly depends on your requirements and budget to buy either Peloton tread or Peloton bike+. However, revealing the features may be useful to make a clear vision of both Peloton fitness equipments.
Peloton Bike Vs. Peloton Treadmill – Which One is Best?
For your convenience, I will share the detailed introduction, features, benefits, drawbacks, and price of the Peloton bike and Treadmill individually.
- 21.5″ HD touchscreen
- 4′ x 2′ footprint
- Smooth pedal strokes with a near-silent belt
- Superior-quality sound with rear-facing speakers
The Peloton came like a storm in 2014 when the company introduced the Peloton bike for the first time; the rest is history. Although the price was way high than the expectation of fitness lovers but the features they offer are simply amazing. Let’s dive in to explore the Peloton bike features, performance, and essential information.
22″ High Definition Android Touchscreen
Starting with the impressive screen resolution of the Peloton bike, the bike comes with a large 22 inches HD android screen that offers a crisp, bright, and convenient to watch display.
You can watch your favorite TV shows and sports or attend on-demand classes with your favorite Peloton instructor.
Ultra-Silent Magnetic Resistance
Peloton bike comes with impressive magnetic resistance. The resistance is generated when the magnets inside the Peloton bike oppose the motion of the flywheel. There is no moving part to wear down over time.
Also, it doesn’t produce friction which means the resistance is ultra-quiet and durable.
Peloton Digital App
You can attend On-demand and live classes both on and off the Peloton bike. The Peloton classes are the prime selling feature on the bike. You can ride indoors or according to your convenience.
Three Adjustment Points
There are three adjustment points in the Peloton bike, including the Seat up or down, the Seat forward or backward, and the handlebars up or down. You can easily find the right fit according to your workout requirements.
Remember, the Peloton bike fits most riders with 4’11” to 6’5″.
Cycling Pedals Needed
Unfortunately, the Peloton bike doesn’t feature hybrid pedals with cleats on one side, along with a flat surface on the other side. You have to purchase cycling shoes with a LOOK cleat to lockdown into the pedal for riding.
It helps to improve cycling form and protect your sole from bending over the pedal.
30lbs Weighted Flywheel
A heavy flywheel is better than a lightweight one as it gains speed quickly when you spin it. The best thing about the Peloton flywheel is that it is silent and fluid.
Racing Style Saddle
There is a racing-style saddle with narrow and minimal padding for rider comfort. The saddle shape keeps friction to a minimum. The sweat resistant surface isn’t super comfortable because it may keep germs and moisture from seeping into it.
Peloton bike has a Bluetooth-enabled console to allow the rider to listen to the Peloton instructor on personal headphones during a riding session. You can freely ride without hassling with irritating wires. Additionally, you can connect your smartphone or tablet to enjoy your favorite tracks.
The Peloton bike has a 59″ long, 53″ high, and 23″ wide footprint. The weight of the Peloton bike is 135, and it can comfortably facilitate a rider up to 297 pounds.
Water Bottle Holders
Hydration is an essential part of fitness. The Peloton bike is equipped with two water bottle pockets. To be honest, I didn’t find them durable due to their flimsy and small size.
- I’ve already made an article about “ Best Water Bottle For Peloton Bike “, which I recommend you to read.
Peloton is offering 5 years warranty for the frame with one year limited warranty for parts. However, the labor warranties failed to impress me.
Peloton Bike Specifications
- Riders: 4’11” to 6’5”
- Frame: Corrosion-resistant reinforced steel
- Levelers: 6 total, 3 under each stabilizer. All levelers are adjustable.
- Stabilizers: Front and back stabilizers hold the Peloton bike securely.
- Bike Footprint: 59” long x 23” wide x 53” high
- Pedals: Delta LOOK clip-in pedals, no flat side
- Saddle: Racing style with light padding & narrow design
- Bike weight: Total: 135lb // Console: 10lbs // Frame: 125lbs
- Max rider Weight: 297lbs
- Flywheel: 30lb weighted 19″ diameter
- Buttons: No button, as all navigation is embedded in an android touchscreen
- Screen: 22″ High Definition Touchscreen mounted on the front of the Peloton bike.
- Video: 5.0 Megapixel camera on top of the touchscreen
- Fan: There is no fan on the console or bike
- Speakers: Stereo Speakers on the back of the touchscreen
- Levels: Digital Resistance levels 1 to 100
- Resistance: Magnetic Resistance & Resistance Knob
- App: Peloton Digital ($44/month). Live and On-Demand classes with Leaderboard
- Adjustments: 3 adjustment points: Handlebars up/down, Seat up/down, and forward/aft
- Bluetooth: Yes, the Peloton app syncs with personal headphones
- Inch markets on the seat stem and handlebar stem for a perfect fit.
- Weights: No weight included. There are two wire weight cages at the back of the Seat (weights are an additional cost).
- Onboard Programs: No
- Wi-Fi: Needed to operate app content
- Closed Captioning: Available (Closed Captioning is available in classes)
- Frame: 5 Year Warranty
- Touchscreen: 1 Year Warranty
- Pedals: 1 Year Warranty
- Labor: 1 Year Warranty
- Components: 1 Year Warranty
Additional Accessories For Purchase From Peloton
- Sweat mat for under the Peloton bike
- Cycling shoes
- Wired Headphones
- Cycling shoe cleats (Delta LOOK cleats)
- Heart rate chest strap
- Option of 3 to 5lb Weights
Peloton Bike Pros
- Sleek design with a small footprint
- Engaging content
- Live and on-demand classes
- The solid bike feels sturdy underfoot
- The cockpit design is comfortable
- Crisp screen resolution
Peloton Bike Cons
- High Price
- 23.8″ HD touchscreen
- Incline from 0 to 12.5% grade
- Speeds from 0 to 12.5 mph
- 68” L x 33” W x 62” H dimensions
In 2021, Peloton Treadmill was released to replace Treadmill+. The new version of the Peloton treadmill can incline up to 12 compared to the previous version. Equipped with a crisp touchscreen, the stable frame allows running, walking, and hiking up an incline with ease. Here are the prime features of the Peloton Treadmill.
One of the first things you will notice is the compact footprint of the Peloton treadmill compared to contemporary treadmills. Featuring a small frame and belt (59″ L x 20″ W), it is an ideal option for running and walking.
24″ Touchscreen With Crisp Graphics
Thanks to the fantastic smudge-resistant touchscreen, the Peloton treadmill comes with a bright resolution and a faster process than Peloton Treadmill+. The touchscreen is easy to use with great responsiveness. The class and content load in no time to allow you focusing on your workouts.
Ultra Quiet Motor
Featuring a 3.0 HP motor, Peloton Treadmill offers super-silent performance to prevent creating a disturbance in your home. However, you may feel a bit of footnoise, which is common with treadmills. Peloton has increased the height by .5%, increments to the maximum height of 12.5%.
Peloton tread has no decline, which means it is closer to the floor (8 inches set up height). This make is a great choice for those with limited mobility as it’s ultra-convenient to get on and off.
CONTROL KNOBS FOR INCLINE AND SPEED
The touchscreen of the Treadmill has minimal external buttons. There is no preset incline or speed added. Instead, there are control knobs on each side of the handlebar to make incline navigation and speed adjustment quick and easy.
Three On-Screen Shortcuts
You can easily choose three incline settings and three speed settings to toggle between on the touchscreen quickly. This is an ideal addition for those who like intervals or want to move rapidly from one speed to another.
JUMP BUTTONS TO INCREASE INCLINE (1%) AND SPEED (1MPH)
There is a jump button located inside of both knobs to take you up to the next even level. For instance, if you are 2.2mph and want to enhance speed, a quick touch on the jump button will increase it to 3mph.
Peloton has integrated great safety features on the Treadmill, including step-sensor technology in the belt, a stop button, and a safety code to lock the Treadmill after ten seconds of inactivity.
Peloton Treadmill Specifications
- Power rating: 120Vac, 60Hz, 12A
- Footprint: 68” L x 33” W x 62” H
- Belt: 59” L x 20” W
- Screen size: 23.8″ diagonal
- Weight: 290 lb
- Weight range: 105 – 300 lb
- Height range: 4’11” – 6’4″
- Motor: 3 HP DC
- Age minimum: 16+
- Step-up height: 8″
- Updated 2.5 GHz Qualcomm QCS605 Processor for quick processing
- 23.8″ touchscreen is 1080p HD
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Built-in 4 digital array microphone
- On-screen shortcuts: Change Incline and speed
- USB-C charging port in the rear of the touchscreen
- Front-facing stereo speakers and back-facing subwoofer
- Syncs with Apple Watch & ANT+™ wireless devices (Garmin)
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera and privacy cover for video chats with friends
- Bluetooth® 5.0 connectivity for heart rate monitors, headphones, and watches
- Screen adjustment: 0 – 50 degree vertical tilts and does not rotate horizontally
- 0-12.5% Incline
- 0-12.5mph Speed
- No decline
- Step-sensor stops the Tread after 1 minute if the rider isn’t standing on the belt.
- One-touch button: stop, wake, and put Tread to sleep
- Adjustable knobs: Change Incline and speed
- Needs Peloton subscription ($39/month)
- Jump button: Increase Incline and speed by 1% and 1mph
- Frame: 5 Years
- Walking Belt: 5 Years
- Drive Motor: 5 Years
- Touchscreen: 12 Months
- Labor: 12 Months
- Tread Components: 12 Months
Peloton Bike Vs. Peloton Treadmill For Weight Loss
The answer depends on various factors. Peloton tread is better than the Peloton bike for weight loss as running elicits maximum energy expenditure compared to cycling. On the other hand, the Peloton bike puts less stress on your body, which helps to enjoy longer workout sessions.
In other words, you can ride for longer to burn maximum calories.
When it comes to calories, Peloton tread wins due to maximum oxygen uptake along with maximum heart rate. However, if you compare minute by minute, running is better than cycling for calorie burning.
Considering the weight loss goals, the peloton bike works best as it allows training daily with minimum impact on your joint and tendons. Less load means higher intensity workouts for longer sessions.
Peloton Bike Vs. Peloton Treadmill For Performance
Before making a decision to buy a Peloton bike or Treadmill, you should consider the performance of both fitness equipments.
Performance is about being faster and stronger and training for longer sessions. Peloton bike is better than Peloton tread as it allows for longer riders with minimum impact on your joints. The Peloton bike also elicits higher blood lactate concentration which leads to a greater anaerobic threshold.
If your prime concern is productivity, you should go with the Peloton treadmill because running at higher intensity improves your cerebral blood flow, which supplies maximum oxygen to the brain. Remember, lower intensity shows the same results for both disciplines.
Peloton Bike Vs. Peloton Treadmill For Health
The health aspect is another vital factor to consider before for the Peloton fitness equipment. Both cycling and running go head to head when you are looking at the health benefits, including anxiety reduction, positive effects on blood lipids, and reduction in depression.
The Peloton bike is safe than the Peloton treadmill, as running has a higher injury rate compared to cycling. The case gets worse with beginners, where new runners suffer greater injuries.
When it comes to bone health, cycling is better because it is classified as a Non-weight bearing (NWB) exercise. A person involved in non-weight bearing sports has much lower bone density compared to others despite the similar age, activity, weight, and nutrient intake.
Running has a greater bone-loading impact on your spine than cycling.
Recovery is one of the most neglected factors when people are paying for modern fitness equipment like the Peloton bike and Treadmill. Both fitness equipments are the same in terms of recovery. Training with high intensity produces exercise induced changes equally in both cycling and running.
In simple words, you won’t get sorer from doing either one.
Peloton Treadmill Pros
- Tread Lock helps prevent unauthorized access
- Leaderboard to workout alongside other Members
- Access to live classes and more on demand
- Workout history, streaks, milestone achievements, and badges
- Scenic runs with Curated music on Peloton Radio
- Special event programming
- In-workout metrics like mileage, speed, elevation gain, and heart rate
- Leaderboard to workout alongside other Peloton Members
Peloton Treadmill Cons
- The screen can’t be utilized for anything other than Peloton classes and built-in features.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Peloton Bike as Good as Treadmill?
Both fitness equipments are ideal for indoor workouts. However, the Peloton bike is beginners friendly with lower-intensity workouts, whereas the Peloton treadmill is best for advanced users looking for high intensity workouts.
IS THE PELOTON TREADMILL BETTER FOR BELLY FAT?
Treadmills are ideal indoor machines for increasing energy expenditure. Peloton treadmills burn more calories and belly fat compared to a regular stationary bike.
WHAT IS THE WEIGHT CAPACITY OF THE PELOTON TREADMILL AND BIKE?
Peloton treadmill can facilitate rider weight up to 300 lbs whereas Peloton bike can hold rider weight up to 297 lbs.
So, Peloton Treadmill or Peloton bike, which one should you buy? If you prefer spinning, the Peloton bike is made for you, and if you love running, go with the Peloton treadmill. Both fitness equipments by Peloton are excellent for indoor workouts. The Peloton bike is recommended for new users with a low budget, whereas Treadmill is a perfect option for advanced users to lose weight and enjoy high-intensity workout sessions for a long time.
- Peloton Shoes VS Toe Cages Comparison
- Peloton Speed Up Bra Review
- Can The Peloton Water Bottle Go In The Dishwasher?
- How To Use Peloton App Without Peloton Bike?
- Does Peloton Offer Corporate Discounts?
- Delta Vs SPD Cleats
- Peloton Vs Soulcycle
- Does Peloton Have Pilates?