Being health addicted, the first thing I do before exercising is to monitor my health!
Are you also the one? If yes, that means you love yourself.
Have you just bought a reliable Polar heart rate monitor for your Peloton bike? Are you unable to find out how to connect it?
Despite Peloton’s user-friendly UI, it’s typical for new users like us to have trouble understanding the pairing procedure immediately.
To help you out, we’ve put up this quick guide.
The simple answer is “Yes.” You may attach your Polar heart rate monitor to the Peloton cycle, and it will display live statistics on the screen as you ride.
However, go here to better understand how to connect your Polar heart rate monitor with Peloton so that you may monitor your heart rate while you ride.
Let’s get started!
How To Connect Polar Heart Rate Monitor To The Peloton
Properly Attach Your Polar Heart Rate Monitor
To get started, you must ensure that your Polar heart rate monitor is correctly worn and fastened to your chest.
Ensure the band is snug around your chest and the sensors are in complete contact with your skin. If you have an HRM armband, it is recommended that you wear it snugly on the upper arm for the best accuracy.
Turn Peloton’s Bluetooth Feature on
Once you have connected and positioned your Polar heart rate monitor appropriately, go to the home page of your Peloton cycle and search for the HRM Connection Modal option.
Joining a class will enable you to access the HRM Connection Modal. Alternatively, touch the time shown in the screen’s upper right-hand corner displayed on your Bike.
After that, choose Polar Heart Rate Monitor > Enable Bluetooth from the menu.
Connect Polar Heart Rate Monitor To Peloton
Make sure the heart rate monitor you’re attempting to connect to your Peloton is active before your Peloton can recognize the device. Then, click on the top right corner of the screen and choose the refresh button.
After your device has been found, your HRM will be listed in the Available Devices area of the dashboard. If it is a Bluetooth HRM, it will display the device’s name.
Also, when it comes to ANT+ HRMs, display the device’s name and identification number. Tap the Connect button that is located directly next to the device name.
You’ve Made It! Verify If it Works
Kudos! Your Polar heart rate monitor should be successfully linked to your Peloton bike. Join a class and check whether the heart rate metric is shown in the upper left corner of your Bike’s screen to see if the connection was established successfully.
If it isn’t displaying, proceed with the troubleshooting options listed below.
Can You Connect A Polar Heart Rate Monitor To The Peloton App?
Yes, If you are using a digital app, the good thing is that you can still connect your heart rate monitor to your smartphone to monitor your heart rate.
Let’s go into the many steps that are involved;
Connect Your Polar Heart Rate Monitor With The Peloton App For Android
- To begin, check that the Bluetooth on your Android device (a phone, tablet, or anything else) is turned on and that location services are on.
- After that, open the Peloton app on your mobile device and sign in.
- Start any class to view the icon for the heart rate monitor, and then click on the symbol for the Polar heart rate monitor on your app.
- The Peloton will request that you provide your birth date if you choose the heart rate monitor as an option. Before you take an FTP power zone test, your birth date is used to assist in putting you in one of four different heart rate zones.
- You must ensure that your heart rate monitor is properly attached to your body before the Peloton switches to the pairing mode.
- Choose the name of the heart rate monitor that appears on the Peloton app screen of your smartphone.
- The completion of the connection should only take a few seconds. Once the link is established, a green checkmark of approval will appear on your Polar heart rate monitor.
Connect Your Polar Heart Rate Monitor With The Peloton App For Ios
The iPhones and iPads that Apple sells do not include the necessary hardware on the inside to receive ANT+ signals. As a result, the only kind of heart rate monitors compatible with iOS devices are those that use Bluetooth.
- First, strap on your heart rate monitor and, if required, dampen its sensors with a drop or two of sweat or water.
- Once you have logged in to the Peloton app and started a class, you will notice an icon for a heart rate monitor. To use it, click on the symbol that appears on your display. The next step is to open the Bluetooth settings menu and turn on the feature.
- In a matter of seconds, the Peloton app will connect to the heart rate monitor that you are using.
- If you are utilizing airplay via the Peloton app, please be aware that your Polar heart rate will not be shown on the TV.
Does Polar’s Heart Rate Monitor Work With Peloton?
Yes, Peloton is compatible with the Polar heart rate monitor, which is good news. You need to have the ANT+ adaptor to link the two devices.
After you have them connected, you will see the data relating to your heart rate shown on the screen while you are using the Peloton.
How Long Can A Polar Heart Rate Monitor On Peloton Last?
Additionally, it has a rechargeable battery with a potential runtime of up to 10 hours on a single charge. Peloton Interactive Inc. plans to include the accessory in its existing product line, which currently consists of the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Bike Plus, the Peloton Tread, the Peloton Guide, and its mobile app.
Can You Connect Polar Heart Rate Monitor To Peloton?
Yes, you can connect the Polar heart rate monitor to your Peloton account. However, some heart rate monitors may not work with the Peloton cycle. Before connecting your heart rate monitor to the cycle, you must ensure that it is compatible with the machine.
Why Do You Need A Heart Rate Monitor For Peloton?
The Bike will tell you what zone you are in if you have a Heart Rate Monitor linked to it, and that zone will be determined by your maximum heart rate as estimated by the Bike. Nevertheless, not every instructor will shout out zones while the class is in session.
Is The Polar Peloton Heart Rate Monitor Rechargeable?
The battery in the band can be recharged, although the amount of time it will last after fully charged may vary depending on how often you use it. Peloton states that the band’s battery shouldn’t need charging more often than once every several weeks.
You may also use the band with additional applications developed by third parties that support heart rate monitors compatible with Bluetooth.
How to connect a Polar heart rate monitor with the Peloton cycle, tread, and app is all about having previous knowledge and following the correct procedures.
It must not take more than a few minutes, and an important thing to note is that after you’ve paired the heart rate monitor, the remaining steps should be simpler.
After the first connection with the Peloton equipment or software, most heart rate monitors will automatically reconnect with the system.
- How To Adjust Peloton Pedal Clips?
- How To End Peloton Class Early?
- How To Make a Peloton Shoe Rack?
- How To Video Call on Peloton Bike?