"As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links"
Connecting your Echelon bike to Zwift is a great way to bring the outdoors inside and make your indoor cycling workouts more exciting. With Zwift, you can join virtual rides with other cyclists worldwide, track your progress, and challenge yourself with different routes and workouts. In this article, you will learn how to connect Zwift to Echelon correctly.
First, you will need to make sure that your Echelon bike is compatible with Zwift. Echelon bikes are equipped with Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity, which means they can connect to various fitness apps, including Zwift.
You will also need a device to run Zwift on, such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Once you have these things, you can move on to the next step.
The next step is to download the Zwift app and create an account. Zwift offers a free trial period, so you can try it before committing to a subscription. Once you have created an account and logged in, you can connect your Echelon bike to Zwift by following simple steps.
With a little bit of setup, you can be on your way to enjoying a more interactive and engaging indoor cycling experience.
Step-by-Step Guide on How To Connect Zwift To Echelon
As a fitness enthusiast, I have found that connecting my Echelon Smart Connect Bike to Zwift has allowed me to take my indoor cycling experience to the next level. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to connect Zwift to Echelon:
Step 1: Set up Echelon Smart Connect Bike
Before connecting your Echelon bike to Zwift, ensure it is properly set up and connected to your Wi-Fi network. You can follow the manufacturer’s instructions to set up the bike and ensure that it is connected to your home network.
Step 2: Create Zwift Account
To use Zwift, you need to create an account. Visit the Zwift website and follow the instructions to create an account. You must provide basic information, such as your name, email address, and password.
Step 3: Download Zwift Companion App
To connect your Echelon bike to Zwift, you need to download the Zwift Companion App. The app is free on both the App Store and Google Play Store. Once you have downloaded the app, log in to your account and follow the instructions to connect it to your Echelon bike.
Step 4: Connect Zwift And Echelon
Once you have set up your Echelon bike and downloaded the Zwift Companion App, you can connect your Echelon bike to Zwift. Follow these simple steps:
- Open the Zwift app on your computer or mobile device.
- Click on the “Pair” icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select “Power Source” and choose “Echelon Smart Connect Bike” from the list of available devices.
- Click the “Pair” button to connect your Echelon bike to Zwift.
- Start your ride and enjoy the immersive indoor cycling experience that Zwift has to offer.
Can Echelon EX3 Connect To Zwift?
Yes, the Echelon EX3 can connect to Zwift using an additional device called a cadence and speed sensor.
To connect your Echelon EX3 to Zwift, follow these steps:
- Purchase a cadence and speed sensor that is compatible with the Echelon EX3. Some options include the Wahoo RPM Cadence Sensor or the Garmin Speed Sensor 2 and Cadence Sensor 2 Bundle.
- Install the cadence and speed sensor on your Echelon EX3 according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place the sensor close to the bike’s flywheel to track your cadence and speed accurately.
- Pair your cadence and speed sensor with your Zwift app. Open the Zwift app and select “Sensors” from the menu. Follow the instructions to pair your sensor.
- Once your sensor is paired, you can start your Zwift workout, and the app will display your cadence and speed data in real-time.
Using a cadence and speed sensor, you can connect your Echelon EX3 to Zwift and enjoy a more interactive and engaging workout experience. You can track your performance data, compete with other Zwift users, and explore virtual worlds while getting a great workout on your Echelon EX3.
- Discover our top-tested Best Treadmill For Zwift for a seamless virtual running experience.
- Looking for the perfect tech to support your Zwift sessions? Explore our expert-recommended Best Laptops For Zwift.
Does Zwift Work With Echelon?
Yes, Zwift works with Echelon bikes. However, to use Zwift with an Echelon bike, you need to have a few additional accessories.
To connect your Echelon bike to Zwift, you will need the following:
A compatible Echelon bike: Echelon bikes that work with Zwift include the EX3, EX5, EX5S, and EX7S.
A cadence and speed sensor: Zwift requires a cadence and speed sensor to track your bike’s movement and provide accurate data. You can use the Wahoo RPM Cadence Sensor or the Garmin Speed Sensor 2 and Cadence Sensor 2 Bundle.
A heart rate monitor: If you want to track your heart rate during your Zwift workout, you will need a monitor. You can use Bluetooth-enabled heart rates monitors like the Polar H10 or the Wahoo TICKR.
Once you have the necessary equipment, you can connect your Echelon bike to Zwift by following these steps:
- Set up your Echelon bike according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Install the cadence and speed sensor on your Echelon bike and pair it with your Zwift app.
- Connect your heart rate monitor to your Zwift app via Bluetooth.
- Open the Zwift app and start a workout. The app will display your performance data, including your cadence, speed, and heart rate.
Connecting your Echelon bike to Zwift allows you to enjoy a more immersive and engaging workout experience. You can track your performance data, compete with other Zwift users, and explore virtual worlds while getting a great workout on your Echelon bike.
Can I Use Zwift with My Echelon Smart Connect Bike?
Yes, you can use Zwift with your Echelon Smart Connect bike. Ensure that your bike model is compatible with Zwift, and then follow the setup instructions to connect your Echelon bike to the Zwift app.
To Sum it All Up!
Connecting your Echelon and Zwift together will bring a new experience and fun. However, for some people, pairing the two technologies together can be quite difficult. But that’s not a problem anymore.
If you have made it this far, you will have learned how to connect Zwift to Echelon. In addition, I have also explained different types of Echelon models that are compatible with Zwift and the extra gear and modifications you need to connect Echelon to Zwift.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article and find it perfectly helpful. If you think this article was helpful please consider sharing it with your friends and family to make their day
Thank you so much for reading and happy cycling!
- How To Connect Zwift to Strava?
- 8 Best Laptop Stands For Zwift
- How To Connect Zwift To TV?
- How To Connect Zwift To Garmin Watch?