"As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links"
Everyone wants to take care of their Peloton bikes in the best way possible. Are you one of those users who don’t want to replace the parts of a Peloton often? Worrying about bearings is something I can relate to. In fact, I am pretty glad that you want to know the deadline for your bearings.
Your anxiousness about looking after the bike is valid up to some extent. Therefore I am here to present before you some alternative tips and techniques you can implement on your bike. These tips will support you while maintaining and keeping your bearings in shape. So stay connected till a call-off.
- I’ve already made an article about “ How Do I Fix The Peloton White Screen? “, which I recommend you read.
How Long Do Peloton Bearings Last?
A Peloton bike can support its bearings for up to a year and a half if you ride 15 miles per day. Additionally, it can even last long if you keep it in a good condition. Maintaining and lubricating enhance its chances of lasting for a few more years. Most of the time bearings end up as faulty.
It is likely that even after keeping an everyday check on the bike, the bearings fail. Every second we cycle, bearings undergo extreme pressure. This continuous pressure cum torture makes it complicated for the bearings to last long enough.
I completely understand that you are concerned about your bearings. Nonetheless, your interest about taking safety precautions is equitable as these days various users are facing the bad bearing issue.
It is indeed a good thing to maintain and take good care of your bike. If you will act according to the given precautions, you will surely avoid different types of problems with the bearings. These suggestions will surely assist you with a reliable experience.
The thing we need to find out is, exactly when will our bearings expire and how can we replace them. However, the prominent thing we will be examining today is the root cause of meeting the expiration of a bearing. So read on to discover and learn all about Peloton bearings.
Why Do Peloton Bearings Malfunction So Easily?
If we dive a bit more into bearings then, they play a crucial part in a Peloton bike’s structure. The entire stress of the bike lays on these bearings. So there is always a high possibility that they will malfunction. Bearings get faulty within 12 to 24 months regardless of everyday use or minimal usage.
Peloton users are getting unlucky with the bearings quite a lot. Although they have used Peloton for 3 to 4 months still failing on their bearings. The malfunctioning of the bike is due to rough use. The whole thing depends on how forcefully you ride.
Peloton was designed on the basis of how a cyclist rides a bicycle. Therefore, the least it can bear is 1-hour workout every single day. The bearings are facing frequent failure despite the fact that you just purchased it a few days back.
How To Find Out if Your Bearings Have Gone Faulty?
When your bearings are about to malfunction you could hear a grinding or rubbing noise. Whereas people sometimes mistake these noises for clicking noise. You hear a clicking noise when something’s wrong with the pedals of the Peloton.
Apart from that, the rubbing noise is often irritating, I had personally experienced it and ended up replacing my bearings. The thing you should know is that Peloton was designed to enable users to experience a near silent ride. However, a person should always double-check if the bike is running smoothly.
Sometimes some small efforts and adjustments resolve the bearing issues. If you can’t fix it at home then you can call Peloton customer service too. They will help you to deal with bad bearings by asking you for a video of the noise it’s making.
How To Get Rid Of Grinding/Rubbing Noises From The Bearings?
You can fix these bearings by simply changing the ball bearings of the bike. By following the below-mentioned steps the whole process will be a lot easier for you. but before that, the tools that you are going to use are:
- 5mm Allen key
- 4mm Allen key
- Torque wrench
- 5mm bit
- 19mm socket
Note: Unplug the bike and get started.
- Firstly remove the crank arm. It’s not difficult but you need a specialty bicycle tool called a crank puller. First, you remove the bolt securing the crank to the bike (8mm Allen wrench). Then you thread the crank-pulling tool into the crank arm itself and use it to apply a force that slides the crank arm off of the splines it is sitting on.
- After removing the crank arm, get rid of the front belt guard and the rivet use a screwdriver to do so.
- Separate the cadence sensor bolt with a 4-mm Allen key.
- Eliminate the two bolts from either side of the flywheel with the help of a 5-mm Allen key.
- Carefully take off the flywheel by rotating the crank arm and pulling the belt towards you.
- With the help of a wrench eliminate the axle bolts. Remove the screws on the hub and bearings.
- Replace the bearings and put everything in place once again.
Also, make sure that you aren’t putting a lot of pressure on your Peloton bearings for long hours. This will keep your bike in perfect shape for a long time and you won’t have to look for replacements every now and then.
How To Maintain Your Peloton Bike?
There are a number of tips you can follow to keep your bike in shape and in 10-by-10 condition. These techniques will assist you in maintaining your bike as well as it will prolong the life of the bearings. Following are a few DIYs that are quite easy to do at home and won’t even take much time.
- Right after using your Peloton bike, cleaning its flywheel is a must. You can use a cleaning cloth for the deed. Because our sweat continuously keeps falling off. In case it touches the bearings, it will make them rust. This is because bearings are made out of metal. On the other hand, dust from the surrounding gets onto the bearings leaving debris inside.
- Don’t use any strong chemicals to wipe away the dust and debris. Use good quality and non-abrasive cleaners, and make sure the cleaner doesn’t make direct contact with the bearing. Instead, you could spray the cleaner on a cloth and then continue.
Wrapping it Up
Coming to the conclusion, if you have your warranty card then there isn’t any need to get tensed about the expenses. If I am not wrong then Peloton provides a one-year home limited warranty. Which is enough for you to figure out if your bike needs fixate in a year or it doesn’t.
Additionally, you can only have a better cycling experience when your bike stays in good condition. For keeping it in the fine condition you should follow the guidelines I have mentioned in the article.
If you follow these tips I am sure you won’t face any problems at least with the bearings. I hope that you have an exceptional workout journey with your Peloton. Adios from my side!
- Best Diet For Peloton
- Peloton Vs Soulcycle Comparison
- Peloton VS Running
- How To Calibrate Peloton Bike And Bike Plus?
- How Do I Fix A Peloton Clicking Noise?
- What is a Good Peloton Output?
- How Old Are The Peloton Instructors?