Are you a swimmer and want to continue the trait with the help of aquatic workouts at a gym? And do you want to know if Orangetheory gym has pools? If yes, then make sure to stick till the end.
Most of the time, people with injuries, pregnancy, and joint pain are more likely to opt for pool training. Other than that if you want to give your routine a much-needed variety, then Orangetheory pools are the perfect fit for you.
Additionally, pool workouts are the best source of boosting strength and endurance; they also help in reducing weight.
- We barely discussed What’s the Difference Between 2G Vs. 3G Orangetheory? in our previous articles.
So if you have assembled your mind about giving Orangetheory pool a try, then make sure to keep reading.
Everything You Need To Know About Orangetheory Pools
Firstly, No Orangetheory gym doesn’t have pools, in spite of the fact that they are highly recommended for overall body workouts. Studies have shown that pool workouts are the only way you can reduce stress issues and improve your mental health but still after all that Orangetheory doesn’t have any.
There are various benefits of Orangetheory pools as the water creates resistance which is suitable for building up strength and endurance. Along with that, these pools help in improving body posture, flexibility, and a lot more.
If you are interested in knowing the accessories you would be using at an Orangetheory pool, Then read the below-written equipment and learn how they’ll assist you towards fitness.
- You are highly encouraged to go for the Wrist and Ankle Weights. These strap-on weights would highly increase the resistance on your leg and arm movement in the water.
- Next up, there are the Foam Dumbbells, and these are exceptionally lightweight if they are outside the water. They become heavy when you put them into the water; these are great for muscle training.
- Then there are Hand Paddles; however, most of the gym pools have Resistance Gloves. Both of them work for the exact cause, which is strength training in water.
- There is another gym pool accessory known as Kickboard, which allows you to hold on and keep your body floating over the water. This is mainly used during core and lower-body workouts.
- Most of the time, beginners can’t keep their heads above the water, so trainers recommend using a Buoyancy Belt. They are used while doing arm exercises.
While doing these workouts underwater, remember to wear a waterproof fitness tracker. If the Orangetheory gym doesn’t provide one, you could bring yours. It is necessary to wear this tracker as it helps to monitor your heart rate. Did you know if you are training yourself at a usual pool, then inside the water, your heart rate should be 50 to 70 percent of your maximum heart rate?
Here’s how you can calculate your maximum heart rate. Start by subtracting your age by 220, and bingo! You’ll get your max heart rate.
Do Orangetheory Pools Really Help in Losing Weight?
Gym pools were introduced wholly to transform your bodies so you can enjoy your swimming hobby if you have one. Usually, people choose gym pools because they want to strengthen their muscles and avoid a boring gym routine. In comparison, some of them like a more peaceful environment when it comes to exercising.
If you are one of these, then trust me, the Orangetheory pool is the right choice for you. When it comes to swimming, everyone considers it as just an activity to cool down on a hot day, but we forget that there’s more to it.
You could work on belly fat and increase muscle tone by joining the morning workouts before breakfast. Morning workouts at Orangetheory gym pools are more feasible and effective if you can make it. Due to a busy schedule, people prefer the evening classes however you could go for the time that suits you.
It is better if you workout at Orangetheory pools regularly because only then will you see a change in your body. You also need to make sure that you’re a good swimmer before you take a dive in water.
Besides, I would recommend you to work out in the morning because it is said to be a lot more efficient as your body stores fat in the form of energy, and it is necessary to burn it out. On the other hand, aquatic workouts are nothing less than cardio. Aquatic exercises are a vital source of burning calories where you could add up water weights.
Guide on Your First Day at Orangetheory Gym Pool
Before you hit the gym and get started with your workouts, there are a few guidelines that you should keep in mind to assist you throughout the day.
- Firstly, reach at least 30 minutes earlier than the assigned time. Yes! You heard it right, be an early bird and get to the place on time so that you can be relaxed while getting started with the workout.
- Secondly, get to know your coaches and discuss your fitness goals so that they can guide you accordingly. If you have any health issues, then share them with them as sometimes the health issues are a concern that could affect your workout.
- Your trainer will surely provide you with an overview of the class. And later on, after getting onto the pools, they would keep motivating you and boosting your self-belief throughout the span.
- You may sweat more than you usually do when you are underwater, as the water engages your whole body. So make sure to stay hydrated and drink a number of fluids before and after your workout.
- If you are not a swimmer, then using a floatation device is a must, like the one I mentioned above, which is a buoyancy belt. There is another term for it which is floatation vest.
- You should stop working out if you feel dizzy, have shortness of breath, or are nauseous. If your body suddenly starts to feel weak or you feel any pressure on your chest or your upper body, then get yourself out of the pool.
Bringing it to an end, Orangetheory gym pools are for you; if you are not a gym person or in case you can’t perform certain activities due to joint pain. An aquatic workout is an excellent way to achieve your fitness goals. Pool exercise is the finest way to strengthen your heart and lungs.
Therefore in the following article, we informed you about whether these Orangetheory pools really help in burning calories. We also shared a beginner’s guide in case you have decided to go for the pool option.
I hope by now you know everything a newbie should know, so make sure to go to the Orangetheory pool and get yourself registered for the next class. Just make sure to follow all the safety measures before you get into the pool as you can get hurt if you’re not well-versed in swimming. Lastly, It’s a call-off from my side, Adios!
- How To Connect Garmin Heart Rate Monitor To Peloton?
- Which Treadmill Is Used By Orangetheory?
- Can You Buy A Used Orangetheory Heart Monitor?
- Does Orangetheory Have a Student Discount?
- What Is OrangeTheory Lift 45 Total Body 3 Training?
- How to Cancel Orangetheory Membership?
- How Many Times a Week Should You Do Orangetheory?
- How Much Do Orangetheory Coaches Make?
- Why is Orangetheory Getting Rid of Ab Dolly?
- What is Orange Everest at Orangetheory?